Western Digital has opened a new research and development centre in Singapore and we detect some interesting bits of of HAMR disk drive technology coming out of it. Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR) is one suggested future technology for increasing disk drive capacity through having higher area densities. It depends upon …
I couldn't resist. Osrry.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action