back to article Stock Exchange says soz for downtime

Trading has restarted on the London Stock Exchange this afternoon after a systems failure closed it for business this morning. At 8.03am the market was paused as technical problems became clear, by 8.33am trading was halted - see our story here. Continuous trading restarted at 12.15pm this afternoon. The LSE said it had …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Stop

I did make a comment on this about a year ago

Saying that they are idiots to bring in a new system when their old system worked. Accenture were expensive but at least it was working. An update to 2008 servers, I understand they were still using SQL Server 2000 would have been a more prudent move. Lets see how they will mop this up, 3 failures in 2 weeks no good!! If you include the Milan failure 4 in 2 weeks.

Obligatory Title

That would be true, but the Accenture system wasn't working: MillenniumIT is suffering from integration issues - that is 3rd party data in an unexpected format. These should have been caught in integration testing, but they didn't bring the system to a halt. The Accenture system *stopped* completely on two separate days of heavy trading - the very days when traders have the most to lose or gain.

Bronze badge

yes, I do wonder ....

... will there be opening in CTO position soon?

heh

stopped twice in 5 years? This is 3 times in 2 weeks.

Silver badge

Except ..

AFAIK Milan uses Windows/.NET

Silver badge

Link

Borsa Italiana runs on the TradElect system, based on Microsoft .Net and written in C#

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/it-business/3262202/lses-borsa-italiana-halts-trading-after-price-information-glitch/

DT

poor choices of company name...

Millennium... as in "millennium bug"?

Quick, someone bring in an expert from "Divide by zero consulting"

Joke

Or more like

Millennium as in "Windows Millennium Edition" (my first thoughts anyway)

Jobs Horns

Murphy's Law

So that's where Mr Murphy buggered off to...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums