Supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics tightened its financial belt yesterday, announcing that it was laying off employees to make its fiscal 2011 numbers. In an 8-K filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission yesterday, the company said that its board of directors had authorized a workforce reduction on February 18 and …
"Whatever is going on, SGI has to cut costs to meet its own profit targets, which it has not made public, even if it thinks it can make its top-line numbers with 55 fewer people"
"Thank you people for having worked to hard to make SGI profitable again. Now get out."
- Exclusive Security guru Bruce Schneier to leave employer BT
- Product roundup Station to station: Ten DAB-Bluetooth combo radios
- Is Google prepping an ARMY of WALKING ROBOTS?
- Analysis That Google ARM love-in: They want it for their own s*** and they don't want Bing having it
- Apple CEO Cook breaks YEARS OF SILENCE, finally speaks to El Reg hack