back to article Samsung Wave II Bada OS smartphone

The original Samsung Wave came out last year to general approval as a cut-price smartphone running on the company’s new Bada operating system – a curious development given Samsung’s own endorsement of Android. Samsung Wave II Testing the water: Samsung's Wave II However, Bada was always intended to offer smartphone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Luke McCarthy

Bada Font

Is it me or does the font look awfully similar to the Nokia font?

1. Goat Jam

Awfully Similar?

Or just plain awful?

I vote for both.

1. Kristian Walsh Silver badge

More like Calibri...

... but with squared ends, not rounded.

As for Series60 Sans, I quite like it - it's a modern face, and its condensed format is well suited to the narrow displays you get on phones - especially in languages with longer words than English. The way it's hinted does suck somewhat, though.

2. jason 7
    Thumb Down

720p video?

The edited stuff looks worse than the 640x480 VGA footage I get from my old Sanyo Xacti.

Why bother with such features if they hamstring them to oblivion?

I wish manufacturers would allow us the users to set the compression and suchlike that's applied to photos and video.

If I want the highest quality I really am happy to accept that my SD card may only hold 64 images or 15 mins of video rather than 1000 fuzzy images and 2 hours of blockavision video.

3. Ian McNee
    Coat

Crap subtitle opportunity missed?

Bigger & Bada

OK...I apologise...mine's the one with the brick in the pocket and the trolley-mounted battery

4. Gilbert Wham

one day...

the wrong person's going to walk past as you're taking yet another picture of that post box, panic, & report you to the Old Bill as a terrorist. You mark my words.

5. John 62

didn't stay HD when stretched to 47"?

It's either HD or it's not. It may be recorded in HD, but then either the DLNA software on the phone only transmits an SD stream, or it's still HD and the compression's really bad.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like