Juniper Networks has announced its QFabric "flat pack" single layer data centre networking scheme. Designed for virtualised data centres heavy on virtual servers, QFabric is the fruit of Juniper's Project Stratus. Network-using devices connect to the QFabric via QF/Node products, the first one being the QFX3500. These edge …
960MBit/s of switching capacity
Unless I'm missing something, I really hope that's 960 GBit/s, otherwise I'll stick with a Linksys four-port gigabit switch, thank you.
This sounds suspiciously like SecureFast.
Just give me a large flat virtual layer2 network for vmotion.
Half empty or half full?
This has been in the pipe for 2 years or more and there are a couple of key things missing (surely) if previous Juniper PR is to be believed? SO, no IBM connection and nothing about any FC or storage angle for total connectivity.
Still looks like half baked from where I am.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge COMET debris pelting off Mars