Juniper Networks has announced its QFabric "flat pack" single layer data centre networking scheme. Designed for virtualised data centres heavy on virtual servers, QFabric is the fruit of Juniper's Project Stratus. Network-using devices connect to the QFabric via QF/Node products, the first one being the QFX3500. These edge …
960MBit/s of switching capacity
Unless I'm missing something, I really hope that's 960 GBit/s, otherwise I'll stick with a Linksys four-port gigabit switch, thank you.
This sounds suspiciously like SecureFast.
Just give me a large flat virtual layer2 network for vmotion.
Half empty or half full?
This has been in the pipe for 2 years or more and there are a couple of key things missing (surely) if previous Juniper PR is to be believed? SO, no IBM connection and nothing about any FC or storage angle for total connectivity.
Still looks like half baked from where I am.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle