Have we witnessed the end of an era? Has the great storage company growth boom ended with a series of big bang acquisitions: 3PAR, Archivas, Compellent, Data Domain, Diligent, EqualLogic, Isilon, LeftHand Networks, Ocarina, Storwize and more? Over the last five years a whole swathe of up-and-coming storage companies has been …
A safe bet...
...to say we can ignore Nexsan...
They are owned by EMC already, so they don't count.
The question is which absorbed company or product will be marginalized or diffused into obscurity within the larger behemoths; and then reborn in a slightly different form in another small company?
[the blue eyes are looking at you HP]
Don't worry, many more are coming...
We certainly haven't witnessed the end of an era, just another (albeit large) round of consolidation within the marketplace.
There are 20+ new storage start-ups that are up and coming, such: -
VirtualSharp Software - Disaster Recovery Assurance (for virtual/physical environments)
Virsto - Storage I/O optimization (for Hyper-V environments)
Evostor - Storage virtualization (for VMware environments)
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'