back to article Australian utility evaluates EV charging kit

Queensland-based electricity utility Ergon Energy is seeking expressions of interest for companies to help it evaluate electric vehicle charging infrastructure. Earlier this month, US-based Portus announced that Ergon would run tests in the north Queensland city of Townsville to see how well Portus’s electric vehicle support …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark 65

Interesting

When I first came to Oz I was surprised by the vast number of highly inefficient V6 and V8 cars on the roads - think cheap and thirsty US lumps rather than expensive and lean German engines. For this reason alone I cannot see electric car use taking off. I also thought there is/was a rule governing the minimum distance a vehicle can travel between refills here which, if true, would absolutely knacker EV rather than hybrid vehicles.

1. rhydian

"expensive and lean German engines"

I think that part of the reason that the australians like their big sixes and bent eights is that when you want to cover long distances in empty outbacks you don't really want to be stuck with some expensive and lean German engine that throws a pollution management fault in the middle of nowhere and that can't be fixed without the full gamut of dealer electronic diagnosis kit.

2. Il Midga di Macaroni
    FAIL

You're doing it wrong

Guys, guys, guys! It's much simpler than that! Just make the electric vehicles run off 120-240V 50Hz AC, ship them with a power cord specific to the country, and everyone's problem is solved.

You know, like the way computer manufacturers have done it for years.

DUH.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Nah Nah Nah

Just make um to run off the cigarette lighter in the car.

<---- Sorted

3. Ste Mansfield
    WTF?

City of Townsville

Isn't that where the powerpuff girls are from? Surely any EV could be powered by laser vision

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like