Toshiba has introduced a snazzy-looking but oddly named line of external drives called STOR.E ART 4, with a 1.5TB model coming. There are four announced products, all using 2.5-inch drives, with 500, 640, and 750GB capacities and a 1TB range topper. They come in glossy black cases with capacity-coded colour accents: red for …
Green is the colour
Sounds the best value for money at 6540Gb capacity.
<Pedant mode now off>.
Encryption - but how is it supported?
All very well having built-in encryption - great for a backup disk, etc, but how do you actually use it?
I.e. how is the key configured, how secure is that to a compromised PC, etc? If they have some utility for managing the key, what OS are supported?
Come on, do some investigating!
a green one. A green one!!!!!!!
I'll take the green 6540Gb one please
Wonder how many platters that will have!!
Dosh for Tosh?
Sprinting ahead of Apple- they've got a white one!
Software is key on this sort of thing.
My wife bought a drive (Seagte, I think) and it's virtually impossible to work out whether a backup has happened and trying to get stuff back is a nightmare. They've "streamlined" the software so much (complete with pretty pictures) that there's almost no user interface left!
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why