back to article Lenovo to press LePad on LeWorld

Lenovo will bring its entry into the Android tablet arena to a world audience, but not before it has released the gadget in its native China. The tablet, called the LePad and which, like HTC's Flyer tablet, will run Android 2.2 Froyo, will go on sale in China in March, around the time that its competitors begin selling Android 3 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

"LePad"?

I smell an iLawsuit!

Silver badge

What's up with the netbook thing

Is that really the thing you dock the tablet with? Looks horribly chunky.

Anonymous Coward

Dock thingy

Borrowing an idea from AlwaysInnovating's TouchPad by the look of it. The dock has to be rather chunky to stop the whole thing tipping over backwards (unless you use a Psion-esque arrangement). A handy way to provide the required mass is to stuff it with extra batteries...

Anonymous Coward

Oooo...

That looks nice. I wonder how well it's engineered, if it's along the lines of a stinkpad, I'd be well up for one.

Compaq Concerto?

Wow, looks like they are finally getting back to the original touchscreen notebook! The Concerto was great piece of kit and by removing the keyboard you could walk around and use it as a notepad, or use it as a normal (486) notebook. Very popular with the aged rellies who could never get the hang of using a mouse to move the pointer on the screen (probably why fondle slabs are popular with the same age group - when they can pry them off the grandkids!).

I used it as my travel machine for years and I've still not found a better way to give presentations - facing the audience drawing on the screen to highlight important points. It was still functional when we donated it to a IT charity shop five years ago (although Windows for Pen had not been updated very much...)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums