Feeds

back to article Oz news team pays homage to Carry On

An Oz morning TV team has out-innuendoed itself with an exchange worthy of the best (or worst) of Carry On. With a couple of minutes to fill before the 6.30am news bulletin on Channel Nine's Today show, hosts Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson got the ball rolling with a bit of banter about how best to defend yourself and your …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Oh God!

Can you imagine Bill Turnbull & Sian Williams doing that? (Even if they do act like a married but getting amicably divorced couple most of the time).

Silver badge

ITV are you watching?

This sort of banter is clearly what they need to revive viewing figures for 'Daybreak'.

Anonymous Coward

And for those of us behind restrictive firewalls

Any chance of a transcript?

Anon, as my boss would probably rather I not be on this site while at work

(Written by Reg staff) Bronze badge

Re: And for those of us behind restrictive firewalls

Try this, most of the choice bits are spelled out: http://reg.cx/1MRb

Pint

Thanks!

Thank you kind sir.

Anonymous Coward

Also behind a firewall

Go into the article source code, search for youtube, copy the video id (the bit after the /v/ for instance "gImPQDIFbX0") and write a URI in Notepad (or whatever) like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gImPQDIFbX0 (using the previous video id example).

Finally choose your web proxy of choice (do a Google search on web proxy) and paste the URI you created in Notepad into said web proxy and you're good to go - as long as the firewall hasn't had every web proxy blocked of course ;)

[ AC because I've been circumventing office restrictions since the last millennium ;) ]

Anonymous Coward

Seconded

Although the firewall is not really a problem in my case...

Transcript? (NOT as a powerpoint with 1 slide per sentence, or a 5-MB PDF either. Just plain old boring text please).

Belinda Heggen....

Kind of a bitch, I think!

Him: 'Am surprised something so small could cause so much interest'

Her: 'Well you would know about that, wouldn't you?'

Completely unprompted, it seems - though without seeing his reaction hard to tell if it was a friendly jibe or a mean one. She didn't seem to smile too much after, either.

I was left thinking 'Oh, snap! (Yes, I did think that) - where did *that* come from!'

Silver badge
Terminator

Get this...

...Karl Stefanovic is in fact a robot.

This is widely known in Oz.

Joke

Besides...

people want ducks.

Pint

More than just beer

The way those two were looking at each other...

I think it was just the beer he _had_ the night before.

Anonymous Coward

Why...

...don't morning show/news readers in the UK look that hot, I'm sure it can't just be down to the ample sun light over there, can it?

Pint

Is it wrong of me ?

I want to emigrate to Australia on the basis of these clips.

This topic is closed for new posts.