Microsoft went to a lot of effort to find the right person to head up its global advertising unit last summer, but after less than a year Carolyn Everson has quit Redmond for a job with Facebook. All Things Digital broke the news yesterday that Everson had been hired by Facebook as its global sales veep. The social data hoarder …
Give it a month...
..and Microsoft/Facebook will announce an alliance to run the whole thing on WM7 and power all the searches with Bing!
Looking forward to...
a new facebook strategy in a few months time whereby they replace their current offering with MS Hotmail.
"We look forward to continuing to expand our relationship with them"
In context, I take that to mean "We look forward to poaching even more MS talent".
The joys of.....
The joys of.......
Hmm! Is this really a loss
or the guy has been sent on a mission ?
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace
- Tablet? Laptop? HP does the splits with Tegra-based SlateBook x2
- NASA signs off on sampling mission to Earth-threatening asteroid