Oracle loves open-source projects and technologies – it's just not crazy about other people running them. Now, Oracle has a growing reason to dislike the projects themselves and it's got everything to do with the two things Oracle values most: money and control. Oracle has said that customers are picking the former Sun …
Ok, which is it?
"Oracle had moved to prevent the original GitHub migration by claiming it owned the Hudson name – which it doesn't."
"That left Oracle owning just the Hudson name..."
Do they or don't they?
Which is it?
"Oracle had moved to prevent the original GitHub migration by claiming it owned the Hudson name – which it doesn't.
That left Oracle owning just the Hudson name "
Unreliability of Oracle servers ?
This whole story stinks of egomania and power grab. Not Oracle's finest hour.
"Hudson users wanted to move, citing the unreliability of Oracle's servers".
Don't mess with open-source people: they know how to hit a database company where it hurts most.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON