Oracle loves open-source projects and technologies – it's just not crazy about other people running them. Now, Oracle has a growing reason to dislike the projects themselves and it's got everything to do with the two things Oracle values most: money and control. Oracle has said that customers are picking the former Sun …
Ok, which is it?
"Oracle had moved to prevent the original GitHub migration by claiming it owned the Hudson name – which it doesn't."
"That left Oracle owning just the Hudson name..."
Do they or don't they?
Which is it?
"Oracle had moved to prevent the original GitHub migration by claiming it owned the Hudson name – which it doesn't.
That left Oracle owning just the Hudson name "
Unreliability of Oracle servers ?
This whole story stinks of egomania and power grab. Not Oracle's finest hour.
"Hudson users wanted to move, citing the unreliability of Oracle's servers".
Don't mess with open-source people: they know how to hit a database company where it hurts most.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL