back to article Twitter wants mobile industry followers

First day at Mobile World Congress sees Twitter, that well-known mobile phone company, secure the second keynote. So ... not a carrier, not a handset manufacturer, and with no way of making money for the mobile industry beyond providing more traffic (and lots of things, like X-factor voting do that), the only thing that merits …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

twatter

"Twitter is cool."

What a Twat!

No it is not.

I only just noticed...

(Because I'm a little slow, obviously.)

That twitter is no longer being referred to as "the Web2.0rhea service", or similar. Shame. I think that was a much better term for it than 'micro blogging' or 'social networking'.

FAIL

I disagree with this article's premise about twitter

I think twitter represents, is part of, a significant evolution of computing and Internet use as it shifts/embraces mobile devices and access.

As such it is perfectly valid for a keynote session at the conference.

The reasons the article cites against this are in my opinion shallow and lack insight.

I'd be interested to understand if this is a result of a lack of understanding of the evolution of the web/Internet... or a deliberate (contrary) editorial position from El Reg.

Cheers, Steve.

Go

I'd like to think it was an editorial position.

One I've always found a cheeful relief from some of the breathless twitterloving of some other tech sites.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums