Internet grandfather DARPA (US-based Defense Advanced Research Project Agency) is throwing open its doors and wallet in an attempt to solicit unconventional security solutions. It is reaching out past the usual huge, multinational technology consulting firms and egghead think tanks and trying to engage with small start-ups – …
"Best Line" Candidate:
Given that the linked story relates a plan to offer significant bundles of cash to small developers:
'"Since the early '80s there has been some contingent of cyber researchers and hobbyists operating in low-budget settings," ... The limited resources these groups operate on "forces them to be extremely creative," he said."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/07/internet-creators-ask-hackers-help/#ixzz1E7f9YLba
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...