Hold the front page: Brocade told financial analysts that the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCOE) transition may not happen. Oh, and it said it had messed up an IBM relationship. The things financial analysts get told. These revelations came from Brocade's chief marking officer John McHugh who was telling it how it is at a Stifel …
Thats what youy get when trying to combine a more or less comparable technology with a totally different strategic, tactical and operational culture. It will not work.
I have nothing against the technology itself, I think it's great but not much thought has been put into the management side of things.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?