An incremental Android update adds APIs for writing tags as well as reading them. The update also adds a notification system for interested applications, but no access to the secure elements just yet. Android version 2.3, Gingerbread, brought the ability to read NFC tags and some hidden APIs to write them. With version 2.3.3 …
Reading, writing and spelling
reading, wrighting and reckoning?
Or is this meant to be a joke?
Re: reading, wrighting and reckoning?
There is a citation. Is that meant to be a joke?
Does anyone else get the impression that Gingerbread is a bit... half baked. It was rushed out of the door for the Nexus S announcement, and since then has been unavailable anywhere else and subject to a constant stream of minor patches which haven't just been bug fixes but entire new APIs.
Pint icon because it seems Google's team was a bit quick to leave the office and head to the pub for some final build drinks.
Gingerbread is half baked
I'm running Gingerbread on my Geeksphone One and it seems to lack a lot of the minor glitches that existed on Froyo. It is also a massive improvement in battery life.
NFC: I can't help but read that as an emphatic suggestion of a low probability.
I was always taught
...that the three 'R's were Reading, wRiting, and 'Rithmetic.
Re: I was always taught
the continuous teaching paid of.
<Mr Burns>Excellent</Mr Burns>
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base