Swedish conglomerate Teleca has bought UK mobile shell developer SurfKitchen, promising to keep it as an independent unit. The idea is to keep research and development and operator sales in the UK, but let the larger organisation take care of deployments and servicing: Teleca boasts around 2000 employees to SurfKitchen's 55. …
>though even SPB doesn't try to sell a shell for Android.
Not yet, anyway. It's in closed beta: http://www.spb.com/beta.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip