Feeds

back to article Phone networks Tweet PlayStation handset love

O2, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone have all eagerly said they will offering the PlayStation phone - sorry, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play - when it debuts in April. Three, meanwhile, has been Tweeting its enthusiasm for Play advertising, but as yet has nothing official to say about the handset's availability on its network. Sony …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

wondering

how this will compare to an iphone?

i have an iphone 4 on the way for free and wonder if its worth selling that and buying one of these. will it be as powerful as the psp2?

not that i have really gotten into mobile gaming. im more into pc fps and adventure/sports games on my ps3

Not just SE

From what I gather, Sony are not releasing just a PS Phone but rather a system which allows PSOne/PSP games to be played on any Android mobile giving them access to the Android store, which makes perfect sense, lets them shift many games (more money) and doesn't introduce another market place.

"a system which allows PSOne/PSP games to be played on any Android mobile"

Correct.... the software will be capable of this HOWEVER I fully expect that this will be tied to the Play Station Store with all it's "mini's", PS1/PS2 games plus movies. No way are they going to spent time creating the software platform and then just leave the door wide open for anyone.

As a second point it would make sense to open this up to any Android device but I've not seen anything yet which suggests this. Also other mobile wouldn't have the controls so how do you cater for that ? Yes it's possible of course and I would much rather this isn't limited to just this phone but I think it will be and I've not seen anything yet to suggest that you'll be playing PS1 games on your Desire !

Usual wait & see game as we're drip fed info to keep the publicity....

This topic is closed for new posts.