Three resellers of credit information have settled federal charges they didn't do enough to prevent security breaches that exposed sensitive consumer information to hackers. The companies – Washington state-based ACRAnet Inc. and SettlementOne Credit Corporation and Statewide Credit Services of California – have agreed to …
if this had happened in the UK....
The ICO would have said - Dont worry, nothing much happened and nothing to see here. Move on and please dont do this again. But dont worry i will not scold you...promise.
Would it seem that these outfits in the UK sell on the names and details of those who've asked for their credit reports? No, of course not. There's no co-incidence that the amount of junk mail and phone calls has all of a sudden jumped from nothing at all to every other day.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low