Three resellers of credit information have settled federal charges they didn't do enough to prevent security breaches that exposed sensitive consumer information to hackers. The companies – Washington state-based ACRAnet Inc. and SettlementOne Credit Corporation and Statewide Credit Services of California – have agreed to …
if this had happened in the UK....
The ICO would have said - Dont worry, nothing much happened and nothing to see here. Move on and please dont do this again. But dont worry i will not scold you...promise.
Would it seem that these outfits in the UK sell on the names and details of those who've asked for their credit reports? No, of course not. There's no co-incidence that the amount of junk mail and phone calls has all of a sudden jumped from nothing at all to every other day.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst