Facebook has opened a sales presence in Hong Kong, its second office in Asia in less than six months. The Hong Kong office is being run by freshly appointed North Asia director Jayne Leung. Leung has a digital advertising background, joining the Facebook crew from California-based digital ad outfit The Rubicon Project after …
Still persona non grata in China, VietNam, etc
No matter how close to mainland China they get, Facebook still isn't welcome although Twitter is.
Given the central governments aversion to social unrest and Facebook's participation in Tunisia and Egypt the chances are the status quo won't change.
In fact, Facebook might be increasingly unwelcome in a number of authoritarian countries.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad