Facebook has opened a sales presence in Hong Kong, its second office in Asia in less than six months. The Hong Kong office is being run by freshly appointed North Asia director Jayne Leung. Leung has a digital advertising background, joining the Facebook crew from California-based digital ad outfit The Rubicon Project after …
Still persona non grata in China, VietNam, etc
No matter how close to mainland China they get, Facebook still isn't welcome although Twitter is.
Given the central governments aversion to social unrest and Facebook's participation in Tunisia and Egypt the chances are the status quo won't change.
In fact, Facebook might be increasingly unwelcome in a number of authoritarian countries.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs