Google is in "tentative" negotiations with European Union regulators to end the EU's investigation into allegations that the company abused its dominant position in the online search market, according to a report citing a source familiar with the case. The news comes just after lame duck Google CEO Eric Schmidt told The Sunday …
It is more than that
At the point where Google moved from the old pagerank AKA DumbAss to the new personalised ads AKA SmartAss the ad quality actually tanked. At least for me. The clickthrough rate similarly tanked. I used to at least break even on my colo expenses from ads. Now I keep it just for the heck of it to keep track of what Google is doing.
If these questionnaires are processed and compiled and my observations end up being not the odd-man-out complaint the loss to Google may be considerably higher than the loss from settling.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging