Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq has said that "missing" Google exec Wael Ghonim will released on Monday, according to a report citing Egyptian state television. Ghonim – Google's head of marketing for the Middle East and North Africa – has been missing since January 27, and he was apparently arrested after joining protests …
.. someone in Google has the guts to stand up to a bad regime.
A lesson there for the Mountain View Ivory-Towered executives.
Better a meritocracy than titles.
Was he targetted for arrest ?
Egypt just released /political prisoners./ Think about it. People arrested simply for politics. Not for breaking an actual law, but for speaking out against the regime. What kind of country has /political prisoners,/ I ask you? The kind that would do things like target someone in a crowd because they were both notable and protesting.
Good luck, Egypt!
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA