Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq has said that "missing" Google exec Wael Ghonim will released on Monday, according to a report citing Egyptian state television. Ghonim – Google's head of marketing for the Middle East and North Africa – has been missing since January 27, and he was apparently arrested after joining protests …
.. someone in Google has the guts to stand up to a bad regime.
A lesson there for the Mountain View Ivory-Towered executives.
Better a meritocracy than titles.
Was he targetted for arrest ?
Egypt just released /political prisoners./ Think about it. People arrested simply for politics. Not for breaking an actual law, but for speaking out against the regime. What kind of country has /political prisoners,/ I ask you? The kind that would do things like target someone in a crowd because they were both notable and protesting.
Good luck, Egypt!
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?