Surprise, surprise. Supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics did more business than expected in its second quarter of fiscal 2011, which ended on December 24, 2010. And in an even bigger and more pleasant surprise, the company turned an honest-to-goodness profit. In Q2, SGI had $177.5m in revenues, up 88.6 per cent. With research …
It's a surprise indeed.
Probably I wasn't watching them closely in past few hears. Overall it's a great news. SGI has been a technical pioneer in their niche for sometime and the investors deserved some RoI (hopefully that'll follow).
some new SGI workstations now please ?
Octane3 is rather nice
I think the Octane3 10-node deskside cluster is probably the most sexy box out there. Xeon or atom(?) processors. The original driver only support quadro gfx cards, but I know from reliable sources that geforce 440 fanless works fine.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things