Surprise, surprise. Supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics did more business than expected in its second quarter of fiscal 2011, which ended on December 24, 2010. And in an even bigger and more pleasant surprise, the company turned an honest-to-goodness profit. In Q2, SGI had $177.5m in revenues, up 88.6 per cent. With research …
It's a surprise indeed.
Probably I wasn't watching them closely in past few hears. Overall it's a great news. SGI has been a technical pioneer in their niche for sometime and the investors deserved some RoI (hopefully that'll follow).
some new SGI workstations now please ?
Octane3 is rather nice
I think the Octane3 10-node deskside cluster is probably the most sexy box out there. Xeon or atom(?) processors. The original driver only support quadro gfx cards, but I know from reliable sources that geforce 440 fanless works fine.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS