Surprise, surprise. Supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics did more business than expected in its second quarter of fiscal 2011, which ended on December 24, 2010. And in an even bigger and more pleasant surprise, the company turned an honest-to-goodness profit. In Q2, SGI had $177.5m in revenues, up 88.6 per cent. With research …
It's a surprise indeed.
Probably I wasn't watching them closely in past few hears. Overall it's a great news. SGI has been a technical pioneer in their niche for sometime and the investors deserved some RoI (hopefully that'll follow).
some new SGI workstations now please ?
Octane3 is rather nice
I think the Octane3 10-node deskside cluster is probably the most sexy box out there. Xeon or atom(?) processors. The original driver only support quadro gfx cards, but I know from reliable sources that geforce 440 fanless works fine.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion