Surprise, surprise. Supercomputer maker Silicon Graphics did more business than expected in its second quarter of fiscal 2011, which ended on December 24, 2010. And in an even bigger and more pleasant surprise, the company turned an honest-to-goodness profit. In Q2, SGI had $177.5m in revenues, up 88.6 per cent. With research …
It's a surprise indeed.
Probably I wasn't watching them closely in past few hears. Overall it's a great news. SGI has been a technical pioneer in their niche for sometime and the investors deserved some RoI (hopefully that'll follow).
some new SGI workstations now please ?
Octane3 is rather nice
I think the Octane3 10-node deskside cluster is probably the most sexy box out there. Xeon or atom(?) processors. The original driver only support quadro gfx cards, but I know from reliable sources that geforce 440 fanless works fine.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine