iiNet, Australia’s third biggest ISP, claims it is in pole position to take advantage of the market consolidation that will occur in the lead up to the launch of the National Broadband Network. According to iiNet’s internal market analysis, consolidation in the sector has accelerated with the four largest providers now …
Shake-out not surprising
The " level playing field " approach of Australian regulators has led to many start-ups entering the field over the last decade or so. A little cash and the patience to work through the paper-work suffice to establish an ISP here. Market forces including failure or inability to integrate and co-operate are culling the less-viable of these, accounting for the major reduction in ISP numbers.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS