iiNet, Australia’s third biggest ISP, claims it is in pole position to take advantage of the market consolidation that will occur in the lead up to the launch of the National Broadband Network. According to iiNet’s internal market analysis, consolidation in the sector has accelerated with the four largest providers now …
Shake-out not surprising
The " level playing field " approach of Australian regulators has led to many start-ups entering the field over the last decade or so. A little cash and the patience to work through the paper-work suffice to establish an ISP here. Market forces including failure or inability to integrate and co-operate are culling the less-viable of these, accounting for the major reduction in ISP numbers.
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Google lets wannabe Glass Explorers ADMIRE THEMSELVES in their own mirrors
- Leaked photos may indicate slimmer next-generation iPad
- Liftoff! SpaceX Falcon 9 lifts Dragon on third resupply mission to ISS