Space probe Cassini, in orbit about the mighty ringed gas-giant Saturn, has sent back a new selection of nifty pictures. 'The bright, icy moon [Mimas] in front of Saturn's delicate rings'. Image credit: NASA/JPL/SSI It's not the pale moon that excites me. Well, maybe a bit The Cassini-Huygens mission launched back in 1997, …
But with the cancellation of the next major manned explorations, may as well have "wish you were here?" written on the back of those postcards
get designing a paper plane for that nice thick atmosphere then!
Lewis, did you borrow Lester for a bit? The title/header is a bit much, even for you...
For the enthusiast.
There is yet more on CICLOPS imaging lab which is also home to Vogager and other satellite photography http://www.ciclops.org/ir_index_main.php?js=1
For the Cassini image diary http://www.ciclops.org/ir_index_main/Cassini
Tons of fantastic images to have a look at.
Probably one of the great missions and the vehicle is still in excellent health so,more to come..
Great peice of engineering.We can appreciate the results almost daily.
Still good tax dollars
No matter what the whingers say. More pictures!
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean