Microsoft's principal development manager for its Bing search engine has quit the role in favour of a job at online tat bazaar eBay. Scott Prevost has already joined eBay as the company's search product management veep as his LinkedIn account shows here. He joined Microsoft in 2008, when the software vendor bought Powerset for …
Talking of search engines, can anyone recommend a good one? i.e. one that returns results of things I'm searching for without biasing them by showing stuff people have paid to appear? Google & Bing seem little better than the likes of kelkoo nowdays.
I'd suggest ...
A Google for Craggy Island.
No adverts, but don't expect any particularly useful results either. ;-)
Pint? ... Oh, go-on, go-on, go-on.
The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.
https://www.duckduckgo.com A search engine with some intelligent additions:
* You can enable https by default
* You can have Web Of Trust ratings alongside your search results
* The bang syntax allows you to search many other resources from within DuckDuckGo
It's my default search engine now.
No harm done
I avoid both Bing and eBay like the plague, so I don't care where this clown goes.
Go Russian try Yandex
Too little, too late, for eBay
"These projects involve data mining, machine learning, classification, natural language algorithms, query analysis, entity extraction, metadata extraction from web pages, UX feature design, A/B testing, metrics development/data analysis, and scable [sic] and performant infrastructure engineering."
Well, if Prevost actually does have any idea of what he is doing, the Chief Headless Turkey at eBay could certainly use him; however, I think it is too late for eBay; if it were not the efforts of its most ugly daughter, PayPal, eBay would be by now extinct.
eBay/PayPal/Donahoe: Dead Men Walking.
Ahh, that explains the new shipment of new chairs I saw being delivered to Ballmers office the other day. Ballmer must be getting low again given the number of personnel pulling the ripcord.
Less Bing for the Buck
Seems like more of the same old 'rats, goodbye ship'.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait