Standards organisation the IEEE has published the final version of its 1901 ethernet-over-mains specification. The standard was actually completed in December 2010, but its publication means that manufacturers not directly involved in its creation can now obtain the specs and start designing product that can use it. Such …
It's not just gadgets
Powerline comms will be a huge deal with smart metering roll outs.
Especially in Europe (and its 20-20 agenda) 1901 can expect trememndous penetration as it eliminates more costly alternatives (2.5G/3G) and given its range, makes for most much cost efficient networks based around data concentrators instead of each meter being a standalone terminal.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait