Standards organisation the IEEE has published the final version of its 1901 ethernet-over-mains specification. The standard was actually completed in December 2010, but its publication means that manufacturers not directly involved in its creation can now obtain the specs and start designing product that can use it. Such …
It's not just gadgets
Powerline comms will be a huge deal with smart metering roll outs.
Especially in Europe (and its 20-20 agenda) 1901 can expect trememndous penetration as it eliminates more costly alternatives (2.5G/3G) and given its range, makes for most much cost efficient networks based around data concentrators instead of each meter being a standalone terminal.
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?