Standards organisation the IEEE has published the final version of its 1901 ethernet-over-mains specification. The standard was actually completed in December 2010, but its publication means that manufacturers not directly involved in its creation can now obtain the specs and start designing product that can use it. Such …
It's not just gadgets
Powerline comms will be a huge deal with smart metering roll outs.
Especially in Europe (and its 20-20 agenda) 1901 can expect trememndous penetration as it eliminates more costly alternatives (2.5G/3G) and given its range, makes for most much cost efficient networks based around data concentrators instead of each meter being a standalone terminal.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL