Standards organisation the IEEE has published the final version of its 1901 ethernet-over-mains specification. The standard was actually completed in December 2010, but its publication means that manufacturers not directly involved in its creation can now obtain the specs and start designing product that can use it. Such …
It's not just gadgets
Powerline comms will be a huge deal with smart metering roll outs.
Especially in Europe (and its 20-20 agenda) 1901 can expect trememndous penetration as it eliminates more costly alternatives (2.5G/3G) and given its range, makes for most much cost efficient networks based around data concentrators instead of each meter being a standalone terminal.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats