Many of our children, perhaps even our spouses, have had aspirations of becoming a model. Now it's possible to wind them up by turning them into one - 'figure'-atively speaking. French 3D printing firm Sculpteo is now offering a way for punters to transform photos into 3D models which can then be physically created and posted …
Such outrageous vanity!
More realistic option?
These have been doing something similar for quite a while now.
If you choose the Spanish language version and go to the press section you can see a few videos of the process.
Admittedly you need to walk in to be scanned but the result should be more realistic.
Now at airports the could offer (for a fee) a sculpture of you in the nuddy after going through one of the scanners.
Want to annoy Steve?
Anyone got a couple of pictures of Steve Jobs?
Though I'm more interested in their service to '3d print' a custom model you send them, since CG is a hobby of mine. I love the idea of having tangible versions of my creations.
Sculpteo? More like "Repulseo".
Big heads, stock bodies
This is clearly more of a joke thing, since it's your head on some throw-by body. So I like the Spaniards' full-body offering better. It's probably great for role players though.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?