For sheer high-end deduplication grunt, no one comes close to NEC and its HYDRAstore, but Quantum is claiming the entry-level and mid-range dedupe speed laurels with its revamped DXi software. Version two of this software, with a revamped inline data flow, is available for the DXi 4500 entry-level and 6500 mid-range systems. …
Great work Quantum/NEC, but why don't you tell us about un-deduping - rapidly putting it all back together and rehydrating complex data. And what if the meta tables corrupt or flip a bit?
Un deduping critical data can be like trying to unscramble eggs. It's scary that so many are buying the dedupe hype. It certainly does not offer any advantage to already-compressed databases, or graphical/image data. OK for exchange and file print I guess.
Sainsburys hanging their hat on Dedupe spings to mind - it is just a question of when and how badly it goes wrong.. And who gets burned. Not EMC that's for sure.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it