Xiotech has announced its go-faster hybrid ISE storage brick containing a mix of solid state drives and spinning disk drives. Xiotech's storage brick, the ISE (Intelligent Storage Element), is a single super disk drive, a sealed enclosure of 2.5-inch drives that are virtualised as a single disk, with drive manufacturer …
Numbers not adding up
"The hybrid ISE is also a darn sight cheaper on $/GB terms at $14.03"
So a 14.4TB unit should cost ~$200,000 right?
"The 14.4TB Hybrid ISE [...] costs around $99,840"
One of these numbers must be wrong.
The text doesn't add up either...
"an IBM DS8700's 786 IOPS, a NetAp FAS 3270A's 2,4309 and an HP/3PAR F400's 1,163 IOPS" - I know IBM's storage doesn't set the world on fire, but 24309 for NetApp?
And is it a "Hybrid", "HYbrid" or "hybrid" ISE? Cos you've called it all 3.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners