Xiotech has announced its go-faster hybrid ISE storage brick containing a mix of solid state drives and spinning disk drives. Xiotech's storage brick, the ISE (Intelligent Storage Element), is a single super disk drive, a sealed enclosure of 2.5-inch drives that are virtualised as a single disk, with drive manufacturer …
Numbers not adding up
"The hybrid ISE is also a darn sight cheaper on $/GB terms at $14.03"
So a 14.4TB unit should cost ~$200,000 right?
"The 14.4TB Hybrid ISE [...] costs around $99,840"
One of these numbers must be wrong.
The text doesn't add up either...
"an IBM DS8700's 786 IOPS, a NetAp FAS 3270A's 2,4309 and an HP/3PAR F400's 1,163 IOPS" - I know IBM's storage doesn't set the world on fire, but 24309 for NetApp?
And is it a "Hybrid", "HYbrid" or "hybrid" ISE? Cos you've called it all 3.
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it