Apple and Android ate into the world smartphone market share of both Nokia and BlackBerry boys Research in Motion during 2010, though since everyone is selling more handsets than ever before, none of them should complain. The figures come from market watcher Strategy Analytics, and they see 2010 closing with Nokia taking 34.2 …
Nokia vs Android, Apple vs RIM
...Win7 Vs brick?
Hopefully the end of handset monopolies
Whilst there are different versions of Android around, some better than others, it's a good thing IMO that many handset manufacturers effectively share 3rd place and below.
More consumer choice and not at the mercy of any one manufacturer, who might ditch a particular technology on a whim.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders