Apple and Android ate into the world smartphone market share of both Nokia and BlackBerry boys Research in Motion during 2010, though since everyone is selling more handsets than ever before, none of them should complain. The figures come from market watcher Strategy Analytics, and they see 2010 closing with Nokia taking 34.2 …
Nokia vs Android, Apple vs RIM
...Win7 Vs brick?
Hopefully the end of handset monopolies
Whilst there are different versions of Android around, some better than others, it's a good thing IMO that many handset manufacturers effectively share 3rd place and below.
More consumer choice and not at the mercy of any one manufacturer, who might ditch a particular technology on a whim.
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats