It's official: after past denials, Lenovo and NEC are combining their PC operations - in Japan for now, but possibly further afield in due course. The two companies will merge their Japanese operations into a joint-venture company, NEC Lenovo Japan Group. The announcement doesn't contain the T word, but we have to assume …
I can't believe it's not.....
"The two companies will marge their Japanese operations"
Holland seems to be the country which holds a lot of international "headquarters" for tax reasons.
U2 and Rolling Stones are also based in Holland.
Furthermore big internationals as Coca Cola, Ikea etc.
Just a paper HQ's at an attorney office.
Classic "Dutch Sandwich"
The Dutch JV is that the new company can make a Dutch Sandwich. It's a classic tax move.
In fact, the tax advantages may be the only benefit of the JV to NEC and Lenevo.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads