Tesco is knocking the VAT off a stack of notebooks and netbooks in a bid to get downturn-dashed Britons buying again. The deal will see prices in stores and online reduced by 20 per cent, effectively removing the impact of the new, higher VAT rate. A case in point: Samsung's Galaxy Tab, which Tesco was selling for £449, will …
£359.20 + 20% = £431.04, not £449
Sounds like they're being even more generous - just a shame it will be lost on most innumerate morons.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network