Tesco is knocking the VAT off a stack of notebooks and netbooks in a bid to get downturn-dashed Britons buying again. The deal will see prices in stores and online reduced by 20 per cent, effectively removing the impact of the new, higher VAT rate. A case in point: Samsung's Galaxy Tab, which Tesco was selling for £449, will …
£359.20 + 20% = £431.04, not £449
Sounds like they're being even more generous - just a shame it will be lost on most innumerate morons.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE