Tesco is knocking the VAT off a stack of notebooks and netbooks in a bid to get downturn-dashed Britons buying again. The deal will see prices in stores and online reduced by 20 per cent, effectively removing the impact of the new, higher VAT rate. A case in point: Samsung's Galaxy Tab, which Tesco was selling for £449, will …
£359.20 + 20% = £431.04, not £449
Sounds like they're being even more generous - just a shame it will be lost on most innumerate morons.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great