Server and system component maker Super Micro is coming out of the Great Recession riding a pent-up server upgrade cycle where plenty of customers are still looking to save a little bit more money on their iron. Many buyers are looking to Super Micro and its resellers to make them kit instead of Hewlett-Packard, Dell, IBM, or …
Grats to Super Micro. Over the years we've specced all our workstations with SM motherboards, and our renderfarm is made up of a stack of their 1U Twin servers. Nothing of theirs has ever gone wrong.
Couldn't agree more Colonel, even a few of the banks are buying SM In smallish volumes. It's a good job, for HP, DEll and IBM , that UK gov' still insists on Tier1 only!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft