Server and system component maker Super Micro is coming out of the Great Recession riding a pent-up server upgrade cycle where plenty of customers are still looking to save a little bit more money on their iron. Many buyers are looking to Super Micro and its resellers to make them kit instead of Hewlett-Packard, Dell, IBM, or …
Grats to Super Micro. Over the years we've specced all our workstations with SM motherboards, and our renderfarm is made up of a stack of their 1U Twin servers. Nothing of theirs has ever gone wrong.
Couldn't agree more Colonel, even a few of the banks are buying SM In smallish volumes. It's a good job, for HP, DEll and IBM , that UK gov' still insists on Tier1 only!
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS