Everybody wants to know what Dell is going to do to build up its business through acquisitions, but founder Michael Dell is only talking in vagaries, as is the norm at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Dell – the man – was on hand for the Forum, and took the opportunity to take a swipe at rival HP while at the same …
dell should buy force10
force10 has been trying to IPO for almost a year, dell should buy them, and maybe a load balancing company to maybe the likes of A10 or Crescendo .
Force10 is a goner...
Their IPO has fizzled, and for good reason:
They have a huge cost structure baked in, and are burning cash like there is no tomorrow, the combined Force10/Turin Networks entity having burned through something like $700m+ in 7 funding rounds.
The only gear they're selling is discounted like crazy! Anyone who pays more then 40% - 50% of list price for Force10 gear should just mention Brocade, Arista, and BNT to their sales rep, and watch the discounts fly.
Also, their top engineering talent has long left the building.
What exactly would Dell be getting?
Dell Should buy Mutiny....
Mutiny is a great little monitoring project and would fit really well into the KACE product line, they should definitely buy them!
"Dell would be smart to take a very hard look at Super Micro. "
Ohhh yes because being the #2 computer mfr with its own motherboard and system design is soooo short on knowledge that they need a 3rd party boutique vendor, right...
...God, what a joke.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence