Why would a "media outlet which has a genuine voice" want to broadcast your opinion? when it's clear they should be broadcasting my opinion instead!
1. Carbon capture does work on powerstations and is being used! it doesn't work on cars.
2. I want more nuclear plants and less fossile fuel plants (especially gas!)
3. I want an electric car! BUT it must have dual fuel so I can replace my existing car, I do not want to have to have two cars for one driver.
4. Dual fuelling is likely to be oil based for many years, but for me 10% oil is a better start than just continueing to use 100% oil.
5. Battery Technology is being carefully designed to prevent the need to change them regularly, but this limits the capacity so making dual fuel more essential.
Fact is that Electric cars are coming, they will be here very soon and they will sell.