Toshiba, the effective monopoly supplier of 1.8-inch hard disk drives (HDD), has announced a 220GB tiny whopper. IDC says Tosh supplied more than 92 per cent of all the 1.8-inch drives shipped in the third quarter of last year. This sector of the HDD market may have been abandoned or avoided by the other three main drive …
Eh? Am I just imagining I bought a 250g 3 months ago?
isn't Toshiba's own 240GB MK2431GAH a larger-capacity 1.8" hdd ? I think the article refers to the largest single-platter 1.8" drive .
Largest Single Platter 1.8" HDD
Yes. Chris did not research this well enough. With Tosh, xxxxxxL are single platter 5 mm high drives while xxxxxxH are dual platter 8 mm high drives. Article failed to mention this is the largest single platter drive. This implies a 440 GB dual platter xxxxxxH device might be aroumd the corner. Now THAT would indeed be the largest 1.8" HDD.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or Eight did, really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits - right Microsoft? Or so you THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests