Toshiba, the effective monopoly supplier of 1.8-inch hard disk drives (HDD), has announced a 220GB tiny whopper. IDC says Tosh supplied more than 92 per cent of all the 1.8-inch drives shipped in the third quarter of last year. This sector of the HDD market may have been abandoned or avoided by the other three main drive …
Eh? Am I just imagining I bought a 250g 3 months ago?
isn't Toshiba's own 240GB MK2431GAH a larger-capacity 1.8" hdd ? I think the article refers to the largest single-platter 1.8" drive .
Largest Single Platter 1.8" HDD
Yes. Chris did not research this well enough. With Tosh, xxxxxxL are single platter 5 mm high drives while xxxxxxH are dual platter 8 mm high drives. Article failed to mention this is the largest single platter drive. This implies a 440 GB dual platter xxxxxxH device might be aroumd the corner. Now THAT would indeed be the largest 1.8" HDD.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats