Feeds

back to article Google backslaps Schmidt with $100m award

Google’s outgoing CEO Eric Schmidt, who will be succeeded by the company’s co-founder Larry Page in April, will reportedly pocket a $100m equity award. According to Bloomberg, which cites a person familiar with the matter, Schmidt’s payout is the first such equity award he will have received since joining Google as board …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Grenade

What the hell do I pay my taxes for?

If he is not wearing a tie, then the fuzz at the door should shoot him for impertinence to his betters .

Bloody colonialists....

Headmaster

That would be colonists

We (the British) are the colonialists.

Silver badge

Colonials, I'd have thought

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

Silver badge
FAIL

WTF?

E.S. is rarely to be seen in public without a suit and tie, as a quick Google search would have revealed.

FAIL

He's a UK Government Minister...

... he won't know how to use Google.

Silver badge
Pint

Schmidt: Worth every cent!

Seeing how Google has progressed under Schmidt's guidance, along with it's share appreciation, $100-million is a bargain.

Happy

""wear a tie” asked Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt"

I guess when you are worth billions, you no longer have to worry about conforming to other peoples dress code demands, as no one is really your boss. (Plus I couldn't even tell you who does and doesn't wear ties, as its not something I notice or care about, but clearly Mr Jeremy Hunt does). So after a snide "wear a tie” comment like that, I wouldn't wear a tie, just to piss off Mr Jeremy Hunt. :)

By the way, "Mr Jeremy Hunt" sounds like Rhyming Slang for how he behaves. ;)

Silver badge
Coat

$100m

pretty much the going rate for having to talk to people like Jeremy C^HHunt.

Hurrah

Schmidt is leaving. Nothing else needs saying.

FAIL

Careless Twitter

Pretty careless of Jeremy Hunt to spell Schmidt's name incorrectly. I mean, how would he like it if someone got his name wrong. Oh wait...

Happy

Eric, remember me?

We shared a peddle boat in Amsterdam in July 1987 as part of Sun Microsystems' european kick off. Remember getting all those kites entangled in the yatch masts? I think some of the owners would be thrilled to meet you.

Can you spare $1m?

Thumb Up

...and after the break

more from "Craisglist CEOs - Missed connections";

"I saw you at the savoy grill, me, young and foolish, toying with a bordeaux, you asset-stripping a braziliain mining conglomerate in a rich navy suit... Our eyes met just briefly...."

This topic is closed for new posts.