Facebook finally confirmed on Friday that it had indeed raised $1.5bn courtesy of brokerage Goldman Sachs and Russian investor Digital Sky Technologies. Reports that the Mark Zuckerberg-run social networking website had been valued at $50bn – that’s almost as much as dominant UK retail monster Tesco ($54bn) – surfaced earlier …
Have we been here before?
This is so "myspace"
How to make money from Facebook
1. Splunk some cash in during the "insider dealing" underpants round.
2. Sell quickly during the IPO before it does a lastminute.com
>It's been reported that Facebook pulled in $1.2bn in revenue over the
>first nine months of 2010, and net income reached $355m.
Is this real income or including "investments"?
Either way they appear to have valued it at 50 times earnings?
It's almost fraud.
Has anyone traced the roots of the facebook board?
Any Nigerian connections?
Or perhaps some ancient Egyptian, since they seem to be good at building pyramid schemes.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL