Hewlett-Packard's non-executive chairman Ray Lane, who took over the board of directors following the departure of chief executive Mark Hurd, is cleaning house. Effective January 21, HP is adding five new people to the board and is showing four others to the door. The changes announced by Lane Thursday will eventually shrink the …
So, in addition to driving eBay down the toilet, John Donahoe is advising Intel on how to drive Intel down the toilet, and now Meg Whitman is going to do the same for HP. Brilliant. How is it that these companies succeed in spite of themselves? Don’t they have these people psychologically appraised before that give them the reins?
eBay/PayPal/Donahoe: Dead Men Walking.
Not to mention
The former boss of former telecoms giant Alcacent.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default