There's a lot of speculation about why Dirk Meyer, chief executive for more than two of the most tumultuous years in AMD's turbulent history, was shown the door last week. Everyone is speculating that it was about AMD not fielding a proper processor to ride the tablet wave like a stoned-out surfer dude. But if you read between …
Intel can buy sales
No news here. Intel is able to buy sales even when AMD has a superior product. Meyer and the board had different POVs regarding the future so they dismissed him. Life goes on and so will AMD.
They continue to deliver products that consumers desire at competitive prices. With the new combined CPU/GPU chips AMD is likely to gain more market share. They have a year or so lead on Intel so they should use it to their advantage.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE