Oracle says it has a game-changing data centre storage announcement coming on 31 January. There are no details, but there is a claim that new technology is involved. You can register for the webcast here. The background is straightforward: Sun used to resell HDS's USP-V high-end array as its 9990V and 9980V storage products. …
Oh great, more patching storage
IMNSHO, it would be better If oracle would focus on updating their documentation so it was mostly consistent and correct. Make Solaris 10 patches actually do what the readme says. As it is, another product to store all those Solaris 10 patches instead.
Employing some more support staff on my side of the planet will help too. Those Oracle hell desk calls after beer o'clock are annoying. I miss Sun.
Maybe a partnership with EMC?
Seems unlikely. Big ass Solaris box with flash, SAS, ZFS and NAS/FC stacks would be my guess. A bigger 7000, this is the end of the stack they're commoditising.
hmmm... Jim Cates
From the link, Jim Cates is the host. Isn't he a tape guy? Sounds like a tape announcement.
Oracle? Ellison? You must be as crazy as him to use this service
Ellison seems to have too much of a vindictive attitude, as well as unstable, for me to do business with.
Still, given his attributes, he might be an idea; home for Wikileaks - especially the dirt on SAP and HP!
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS