Western Digital has doubled the capacity of its 2.5-inch enterprise SAS drive and introduced a full size, 3.5-inch version with up to 2TB of capacity. The second generation S25 drive holds up to 600GB of data, while maintaining the 10,000rpm spin speed of the previous model. It is a new design with three platters, meaning 200GB/ …
it's about time
That WD gets back into the enterprise storage business.
Now they can use they're own drives in their data centers again.
I wonder if they will sell enough to push past Seagate to #1.
Not if thier shite Velociraptor line is anything to judge by. A shame, too. I liked the 74GB Rators, back in the day...
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON