Feeds

back to article Angry Birds to catapult onto TV

A few years ago, if you turned the telly on to a programme called Angry Birds, you'd probably be watching a Five Shameless rip-off about single mums on a council estate. Soon though, it's going top be a show based on the massively successful mobile game. Game developer Rovio says an animated series is on its way. Production has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

Amazing

I'm constantly amazed that such a basic physics-type game, the type of which has been available online in various guises since the dawn of Shockwave/Flash, has become so popular. I bet the creators wake up every morning and think exactly the same thing. Fair play to them though :)

Anonymous Coward

I am more amazed...

I am more amazed that a game which is basically built around the concept of suicide bombing is so popular.

WTF?

Pathetic

That a game with no plot and no dialogue whatsoever can be licensed as a TV series.

WTF?!?!

Silver badge
Happy

I know

I know, its like its the 80's again or something!

Reminds me of the slinky movie

"it has a built in audience..."

http://ramascreen.com/check-out-the-pitch-for-slinky-movie/

Bronze badge
Happy

They can get in the queue with the other TV conversions!

Pacman, Super Mario Brothers, Hello Kitty, Zoids, Transformers, etc...

FAIL

Transformers has already been done...

... and done to death several times over.

Gotta sell the toys some way...

Well

Pac Man ran for several seasons. In fact, numerous simple video games made it to TV, and lets not forget Pokemon...

Face it, cute characters, a tiny bit of back story, and a 50m user base to cater to. Goldmine! yea, it'll die in a few seasons, but it will make a ton of money in the short term, and equally turn into merchandising millions too. A franchise this powerful comes alone once every decade if they're lucky.

Go

Cool!

Good luck to 'em! It's a fun little game and TBH, the story clips between the levels coud easilly be extended into short episodes.

Anonymous Coward

Sadly ...

... I'll expect it will turn out to be derivative US animated dross. Somehow I can see the "Sean the Sheep" team at Aardman doing something pretty interesting out of it (though thinking about it, the premise of a lot of Sean the Sheep is pretty close to Angry Birds!)

As for the plush toys ... want! want! want!

Pedant

It's "Shaun".

Thumb Up

There is allready a really good

Shaun the sheep game flash game on the CBBC web site.

Joke

Shameless rip off????

Sounds more like a channel 5 rip-off of loose women to me!

Bindun

... by the Israeli TV show 'Eretz Nehederet'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMltvlqEM54

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not promoting either side of the conflict.

Bronze badge
Go

Cheat Commandos

Hopefully it'll be as good as A. Chiminendez's classic animated show: Cheat Commandos. (http://www.homestarrunner.com/ccdo7.html) Buy all our playsets and toys!

Maybe they even got the Brothers Chaps to produce it, which might explain the lack of new Homestar Runner cartoons for the past while

This topic is closed for new posts.