Those of you rooting for lots of alternatives to the x64 architecture for the server, networking, and embedded systems rackets will be delighted to hear that Tilera, a maker of innovative system-on-chip (SoC) processors, has lined up $45m in funding to help it ramp up development and sell more product. Tilera is billing its …
Now let's see if any Windows variant can cope with an architecture like that!
Note to chip architects: patent, patent, ... , patent and patent as in everything. The mobo, the chip, it's underlying hardware, firmware and potential software (just in case a Widnows variant happens along make sure that the license flow goes the correct way?)
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call