Those of you rooting for lots of alternatives to the x64 architecture for the server, networking, and embedded systems rackets will be delighted to hear that Tilera, a maker of innovative system-on-chip (SoC) processors, has lined up $45m in funding to help it ramp up development and sell more product. Tilera is billing its …
Now let's see if any Windows variant can cope with an architecture like that!
Note to chip architects: patent, patent, ... , patent and patent as in everything. The mobo, the chip, it's underlying hardware, firmware and potential software (just in case a Widnows variant happens along make sure that the license flow goes the correct way?)
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update