Those of you rooting for lots of alternatives to the x64 architecture for the server, networking, and embedded systems rackets will be delighted to hear that Tilera, a maker of innovative system-on-chip (SoC) processors, has lined up $45m in funding to help it ramp up development and sell more product. Tilera is billing its …
Now let's see if any Windows variant can cope with an architecture like that!
Note to chip architects: patent, patent, ... , patent and patent as in everything. The mobo, the chip, it's underlying hardware, firmware and potential software (just in case a Widnows variant happens along make sure that the license flow goes the correct way?)
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE