Business software company Sage launched a new web-based accounting product today targeted at individuals and SMBs. The Newcastle-based FTSE 100-listed firm developed the software, which was built on the Ruby-on-Rails open source web application framework, as part of Sage's effort to focus on what its North European boss Paul …
Basic + a big catch
A very basic product, hardly competes with established SaaS products.
And if you register for the "Free" trial you'll be billed if you don't phone them to cancel.
See "Sage One - First Impressions" at http://blog.kashflow.com/2011/01/18/sage-one-first-impressions/
... Duane Jackson, CEO of linked established SaaS product :)
How can you call Microsoft a rival to Sage? Even if you look at the Sage AccPacc product vs Dynamics, there is very little rivalry!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst