The Pirate Party has reportedly gained a foothold in the new Tunisian government following the downfall of Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali's regime. Among the new faces named in the transitional government under prime minister Mohammed Ghannouchi is Slim Amamou, a blogging activist and Pirate Party member who will be Secretary of State …
Reminds me of tropico
"Now remember el Presidente to keep your off shore bank account well looked after"
I hope he got a desk. It's no fun holding public office without a desk.
If he needs one, everyone's favourite MLF, can do him a 386 running Linux for about 227 dinars.
As a Pirate*
It's nice to see the PPT doing well.
Now: Prepare to repel borders!
What would have been appropriate...
It would have been more appropriate if this happened in Libya, so that he would have been a Barbary Pirate.
Yo ho ho, and a bottle of whatever wicked-assed shit they're drinking in the clubs in Tunis these days.
a different bloke with the same name?
Mine's a bit odd but a few other people in the world have got it.
One thing you cannot accuse these people of is being dilettantes.
Taking on any Middle East / North African government is seriously liable to damage your health.
Been taken in by "Security Forces" can mean very bad things are about to happen to you and your friends and family. Here's to hoping things are going to get better for the people of Tunisia.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great