Those happy chaps at Carphone Warehouse are reporting the last three months of 2010 were top, with earnings at the high end of expectations and US expansion going well. An interim statement from the group reports UK sales rising more than two per cent compared to the Christmas period 2009, contributing to a more modest 0.7 per …
spam problem == bad management
Is this the same company as Carphone Warehouse Broadband Services? I had to block SMTP contact from their network, 22.214.171.124/11. Tons of bot spam coming in from there, and their IETF RFC 2142 abuse address ignored complaints or didn't work. None of my users has ever complained about this block.
In general, I have found spam response to be a pretty good indicator of management quality. Well run companies do not have an outbound spam problem. Companies who refuse to control their outbound spam tend to have ethical and competence issues company-wide.
as far as im aware carphone and talktalk are two seperately listed companies after the demerger almost 12 months ago
the retail side of things is going swimmingly according to the reports
2 (fairly) recent purchases from CarPhone Warehouse. EXCELLENT service both times. Same with after-sales service. They DESERVE to do well.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?