LightSquared is in a tight spot, with investors getting cold feet and regulators demanding assurance on how far the company intends to bend the rules. LightSquared is the pipe dream of Harbinger Capital Partners founder Phil Falcone, and is still funded by Harbinger. The plan is to use radio spectrum reserved for satellite …
shades of the Rabbit network
how that leads to interference
"quite how that leads to interference isn't clear"
their terrestrial-only phones weren't going to use terrestral frequencies, they were also going to use these satellte freqs. If the "downlink" frequencies are near anything, i could easily see interference when for potential interference, instead of some signal from satellites (which would be weak since it's coming in from orbit) you have 1000s of ground based cell sites.
Big Players Quash Potential Newcomer
must be the first time that's happened. Using government regulation doubtlessly just makes it easier.
If LightSquared isn't squashed I will most certainly let you eat your hat.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2