back to article Analysts weigh in on Android and iPhone

Will the launch of the Verizon iPhone 4 slow Android's growth? Ask analysts and some will say yes, others no. Charlie Wolf of Needham and Co., and Shaw Wu of Kaufman Bros. both believe Apple's deal with Verizon, one of top two US network operators, will hit Android sales. The notion is that a fair few folk bought Android …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. spencer
    WTF?

eh?

"Slowing down its update schedule will help, says Jones, but the best thing Google can do is adjust the Android Market app to detect what it's running on and present punters only with apps that will run on their handsets"

Pretty certain this happens already..

1. bolccg
      Thumb Up

Yeah, me too

I thought that this was current practice, too. Certainly never had a problem with my HTC Desire on O2 in the UK and when they pushed out an OTA update a few months back the marketplace seemed to spot this and offer the 2.2 updates of all my apps.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Analysts

Reading this article/summary of what these market analysts say and based on the competence they show I hereby declare that the spelling of the word analyst is changed to anal-yst.

3. TonyHoyle

Analysts

Reminds me of a dilbert cartoon that went something like "And now we show you where analysts get their opinions using a pair of rubber gloves and a flashlight.."

I predict people will continue to buy phones, of all types, depending on what they prefer.

4. chr0m4t1c

In other words

They're probably both right, the Verizon iPhone will probably slow Android adoption in the US, but will make little difference globally.

Do analyst jobs pay well? Looks like money for old rope to me.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like